Request an anti-social behaviour Community Trigger
A Community Trigger involves a review of ongoing incidents of anti-social behaviour. It will include all of the agencies involved in the case, for example, the police, the local authority, and housing associations.
The main aim of the Community Trigger process is to find a solution to the core problem causing the anti-social behaviour.
Who can request a Community Trigger?
Individuals, businesses, or community groups can request a Community Trigger if:
- you have reported three separate incidents of anti-social behaviour relating to the same problem in the past six months to your local council, the police or your landlord and you feel you have had an inadequate response.
- Or at least five people have made reports to these organisations about the same problem in the past six months.
If you do not meet the criteria, you will not be able to request a Community Trigger to be initiated.
Requesting a Community Trigger
You can request a Community Trigger:
- online – fill in our request an anti-social behaviour Community Trigger form
- in person – at your local police station
- by post – write to your local area coordinator using the details provided below.
Local area coordinators
Bath and North East Somerset
Community Trigger, Community Safety
Bath and North East Somerset Council
PO Box 595
Community Safety and Drug Action Team (CSDAT) – North Somerset Council
Post Point 16
Anti-Social Behaviour Co-ordinator
Bridgwater Police Centre
Safe Strong Communities, Anti-Social Behaviour and Community Safety Team
South Gloucestershire Council
Department for Environment and Community Services
PO Box 1954
What happens next?
The information you have submitted will be sent to our Anti-social Behaviour Team.
They will review the information and contact you within two working days by email, or if you submitted your application by post, we will send an acknowledgement letter to you.
For more information on the Community Trigger process, visit ASBHelp.co.uk.
What if I am not satisfied?
If you are not satisfied with the review outcome, you can take the matter up with the complaints process of the relevant agency.
You can make a complaint to Avon and Somerset Police:
- online — fill in the Make a Complaint form
- by post — write to:
Professional Standards Department
Avon and Somerset Police
PO Box 37
Report anti-social behaviour
Report anti-social behaviour to us.