Rural crimes can be reduced by the use of Watch schemes. By using your knowledge and awareness of what is happening on and around your land, you can help to reduce crime and deter criminals.
The aims of the scheme
- To reduce local opportunities for rural crime.
- To reinforce the community spirit so that everyone can contribute towards the protection of their property by mutual co-operation and communication.
- To introduce early warning systems in farming and countryside areas.
- To improve the intelligence flow between the agricultural communities and the police.
How the aims are achieved
- Text, email and landline voicemail alerts for members of the community.
- Intelligence gathered by police on all farm-related crimes and suspicious incidents.
- Visits from local PCSOs.
- Crime Reduction Officer can visit you and give advice on securing your property.
Benefits of the scheme
- A reduction in crime and the fear of crime impacting on the community.
- Suspicious people and vehicles can quickly be reported to the police and other members of the countryside communities.
- Information and advice can be quickly and efficiently circulated between the police and the community.
- A crime vigilant community in partnership with the police will create a safer environment.
Join the Farm Watch Scheme
To join the Farm Watch Scheme or to find out more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.