Police Cadets recruitment process
You will need to successfully complete the following steps:
Stage 1 – Application
Before completing an application to apply as a volunteer Police Cadet, you must:
- be aged between 13 and 17
- live or attend school in the Avon and Somerset policing area
- have energy and enthusiasm to help with local policing in your communities
- want to build positive relationships and take action to tackle real issues
- be willing to give your time and ideas to take part in volunteering activities in your community
Recruitment usually opens twice a year for you to apply online, within the given timescales.
Stage 2 – Orientation
If your application is successful, you and your parents or guardians will be invited to the cadet unit for:
- an orientation evening
- a discussion with the cadet unit leader
Stage 3 – Welcome to the unit
Once all the necessary paperwork has been completed, you will be contacted with a start date.
Initially, you will attend cadets in your own clothes.
A couple of weeks later, your parents or guardians will be invited to an investment evening where you will confirm your commitment to the Volunteer Police Cadet Oath and Promise, and receive your uniform.
Ready to join us?
Recruitment is currently closed for all units.
To make a recruitment related query, contact our Talent Acquisition team.