Police Cadets recruitment process
You will need to successfully complete the following steps:
Stage 1 – Application
Before completing an application to apply as a volunteer Police Cadet, you must:
- be aged between 13 and 17
- live or attend school in the Avon and Somerset policing area
- have energy and enthusiasm to help with local policing in your communities
- want to build positive relationships and take action to tackle real issues
- be willing to give your time and ideas to take part in volunteering activities in your community
Recruitment usually opens twice a year for you to apply online, within the given timescales.
Stage 2 – Vetting
If your application is successful:
- You and your parents/guardians will be invited to the cadet unit for an interview or an orientation evening.
- You will then be required to complete a form to enable us to complete background checks.
Stage 3 – Welcome to the unit
Once you have been vetted, your uniform will be ordered and you will be invited to your first cadet meeting.
Ready to join us?
Recruitment is currently closed for all units.
To make a recruitment related query, contact our Talent Acquisition team.