Re-join as a Police Officer
Are you looking to return to policing duties? If you have previously worked for us or another police force you may be eligible to re-join as a Police Officer.
You can express your interest to re-join at any time. There is no need to wait until there is an active recruitment campaign.
There is no time limit as to when you can return and you may apply to return at a different grade to the one which you left at.
To re-join as a police officer, you must:
- have worked for Avon and Somerset Police or another police force as a Police Officer
- have previously completed your two year probationary period
- live within the boundaries of the policing area by the time you begin the process of returning to service with us
- You must complete the application form (DOC) in full. If you are applying to re-join after a break of fewer than 2 years, you do not need to complete the Competency-Based Question section.
- Email the completed application form to TalentRejoiners@avonandsomerset.police.uk
- Once we have received your application form, we will consider current and anticipated vacancies, and contact you to advise on possible timescales.
- An interview will be arranged, where your attendance record and reason for leaving and returning will be discussed.
- We will carry out Professional Standards checks and vetting.
Apply to re-join as a Police Officer
To make a recruitment related query, contact our Talent Acquisition team.