Employer Supported Policing Scheme
The Employer Supported Policing (ESP) Scheme is a great way for employers to play their part in making their local communities safer by releasing employees to volunteer with us.
The ESP is a national scheme which asks employers to consider allowing their staff to take a period of paid leave during the working year to volunteer with us as a Special Constable or in another volunteer role.
Benefits for employers
Employees can gain new transferable skills or improve existing skills which may help your business. These include:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Decision making
- Time management
- IT skills
- Confidence and the ability to remain calm under pressure
Your employees will play a part in supporting policing activities to make your community safer.
Benefits for employees
Volunteering can help employees:
- learn new skills and knowledge
- gain insight into local policing
- make relationships with people in your local community
- inspire others around you and instil community spirit
Some roles will provide you with specialist skills.
Find out more about the ESP Scheme
To find out more about the ESP Scheme, email Jonathan.Lewis@avonandsomerset.police.uk