Leave site

Licensed premises

Licences for the sale of alcohol, entertainment and late night refreshment are issued by the council for the local area.

How do I apply for a licence?

All licences within the Licensing Act must be applied for through your local authority.

For more detailed guidance on licences and how to apply for them, visit GOV.UK’s Premises licence (England and Wales) page.

How will the police get involved?

The police are responsible for supporting and assisting partner agencies with enforcing the national Licensing Objectives:

  • The prevention of crime and disorder
  • Public safety
  • The prevention of public nuisance
  • The protection of children from harm

Appropriate licence

If you do not have an appropriate licence for the activity you are undertaking, you may be prosecuted by the relevant licensing authority or the police

Page feedback
Was this page useful? *
What best describes the reason for your visit today?