Mini Police is part of the National Volunteer Police Cadets (NVPC) programme and is aimed at children aged 8 to 11 years old.
Mini Police is an innovative police engagement programme, which is delivered in schools with the support of local Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs). The scheme provides a fun and interactive way to introduce children to a positive experience of policing and to get them involved in the local community.
Benefits of the Scheme
- A way to build confidence and learn new skills.
- An opportunity to develop their sense of social justice and moral responsibility, safety and policing through a fun and engaging programme of activities.
- An opportunity to positively engage with their local community policing team.
- The Mini Police programme links in with the statutory Key Stage 2 requirements of Personal, Social, Health, Economic (PSHE) education.
- An opportunity for schools and pupils to build positive relationships with the police and share this learning.
Register your school
Applications for the 2023/2024 academic year are now closed.
Applications will be open in Spring 2024 for schools wanting to join the scheme in September 2024.
Register your school’s interest to receive details about the Mini Police Scheme.