Leave site
Skip to content

Police Certificates for Visa purposes

When applying for a visa to live or work overseas, you may need a police certificate. The application process may vary depending on the country you are applying to.

The Criminal Records Office (ACRO) issues Police Certificates to people who want to either:

  • emigrate
  • obtain a visa to live or work abroad
  • get citizenship or residency in another country

What if I need fingerprints for my visa application?

If the country you wish to emigrate to requires fingerprints for your visa application, you can book an appointment through the fingerprinting services page.

Page feedback
Was this page useful? *
What best describes the reason for your visit today?