Police Community Trust General Fund
The Avon and Somerset Police Community Trust was formed in 1999 to help local communities in Avon and Somerset become safer, better places to live.
What are the grant criteria?
When reviewing your application, Trustees will be looking to ensure that the Trust’s aims and objectives are met:
- Protecting local people and property from crime
- Reducing anti-social behaviour
- Educating young people on the dangers of drug, alcohol and solvent abuse
- Increasing community safety for all but especially the young, vulnerable and elderly
- Diverting young people away from crime and anti-social behaviour, encouraging their growth into responsible young adults
- Building good community relations
Who can apply?
Community and other local voluntary organisations in the Avon and Somerset police force area.
What value can you apply for?
Grants of up to £1,000 are usually awarded.
What will this grant not support?
- Expeditions or trips
- Replacement of statutory funding or salaries
- Bursaries or scholarships
- Projects outside Avon and Somerset
- Building costs are given a very low priority
- Further applications within a period of three years
How to apply for a Police Community Trust – General grant
To apply for a grant from the Police Community Trust, complete the online form.
Trustees meet quarterly to review applications. Meetings usually take place in April, July, October and January.
Applications need to be received by:
- 1 March – decision made end of April
- 1 June – decision made end of July
- 1 September- decision made end of October
- 1 December- decision made end of January
If your application is successful you will need to allow two weeks for a cheque to be issued to you.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.