Road Safety Fund
The Road Safety Fund is funded by Avon and Somerset Police to help community programmes improve road safety and prevent road traffic injuries.
Who can apply for the Road Safety Fund?
The fund is open to the local community and voluntary organisations in the Avon and Somerset police force area.
What type of project will we fund?
When reviewing your application, Trustees will look to ensure the Trusts aims and objectives are met:
- To improve road safety in order to reduce accidents and casualty figures in the Avon and Somerset area
- To improve education and training for children, young people, learners and inexperienced and older drivers
- To support local communities in becoming safer and better places to live
- To reduce the economic and personal costs of fatalities and serious injuries
- To improve driving skills
- To improve awareness and educate drivers about non-vehicle road users, including horse riders and cyclists
We will not support…
- Expeditions or trips
- Replacement of statutory funding or salaries
- Bursaries or scholarships
- Projects outside the Avon and Somerset area
- Low priority building costs
- Projects that should be funded by other authorities
- Speed Indication Devices and Vehicle Activation Signs please contact your local Council about funding.
- Further applications within a period of three years.
The Road Safety Scheme does not cover funding for Community SpeedWatch. Find out how to apply for Community SpeedWatch Scheme funding.
How much money can you apply for?
Grants of up to £5,000 are available through the Road Safety Fund.
Trustees usually meet in January, April, July and October.
|Application deadline||Decision date|
|1 June||End of July|
|1 September||End of October|
|1 December||End of January|
|1 March||End of April|
Apply for the Road Safety Fund
Organisations can apply online for a grant from the Road Safety Fund: