Road Safety Fund
The Road Safety Fund is funded by Avon and Somerset Police to help community programmes prevent injuries caused by road traffic incidents.
The Fund aims to:
- improve road safety in local communities to reduce accidents and casualty figures.
- provide better education and training for children, young people, learners and inexperienced drivers.
- reduce the economic and the personal costs of fatalities and serious injuries.
The fund is open to local community and voluntary organisations in the Avon and Somerset police force area.
What is not covered?
Road Safety Fund grants do not cover:
- Expeditions or trips
- Replacement of statutory funding or salaries
- Bursaries or scholarships
- Projects outside the Avon and Somerset area
- Low priority building costs
- Projects that should be funded by other authorities
- Further applications within a period of three years
Speed Indication Devices or Vehicle Activated Signs are normally funded by your local authority. Find out how to apply for a Speed Indication Device.
The Road Safety Fund does not cover funding for Community SpeedWatch. Find out how to apply for Community SpeedWatch Scheme funding.
How much money can you apply for?
Grants of up to £5,000 are available.
If your project exceeds this figure, email us: email@example.com
Applications need to be received by:
- 1 March – decision date end of April
- 1 June – decision date end of July
- 1 September – decision date end of October
- 1 December – decision date end of January