History and Heritage Volunteer
Written by Human Resources department on 29 June 2016 at 10:50
Do you have an interest in history ?
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to assist the Force Archivist and Historian in developing, promoting and recording the history of policing in the Avon and Somerset area.
This is a project that was started only last year, but has been embraced by all parts of the community, both internally and external.
- Retrieve photographs, documents and artefacts from different locations, catalogue, label and store
- Identify special sets of photos, documents and artefacts and build the story of individuals where evident
- Create displays of artefacts around force area
- Liaise with cadets and associated history and heritage projects
- Deliver presentations to various groups
- Support & promote the heritage collection and its activities
- We are looking for someone who is available during the day, during the week. There will be occasional weekend and evening events. The role will ideally be based in Portishead.
- Being at the forefront of an exciting new project
- Privilege of accessing and learning about Police history and heritage
- Being able to use creative presentation skills
- Inspiring the younger generation regarding history and heritage
- Sharing impressive knowledge with Police staff, officers and the public
- Experience of using technology (AV & Microsoft Office, Excel). Experience of MS Access would be an advantage but training can be provided
- Good organisational skills
- Good research skills
Application deadline: No closing date
Location: Based at Police & Fire Headquarters, but covering the A&S force area