Written by Human Resources department on 16 May 2017 at 13:23
This role involves:
• Provide general administration support i.e. photocopying, scanning, filing, and typing of letters and reports as tasked by the line manager or NPT.
• Assist with updating/review of local policing website pages (In Your Area) and social media to improve communication and showcase local policing, This will only be following direct tasking by a member of staff.
• Assist with the production of newsletters, reports and marketing material for NH meetings, community forums and other events, liaising with departments such as Corporate Comms as necessary.
• Make and receive low level phone calls at the direction of the line manager
• Assist with the coordination of public meetings e.g. beat surgeries.
• Support the proactive targeted crime prevention or awareness leafleting of houses or vehicles to promote reassurance in communities and target harden properties e.g. following a warrant or identification of vehicle crime hotspots. This will be subject to risk assessment and will be over and above that required for the immediate investigation of any offence.
• Attend crime prevention events (with a uniformed member of staff) to provide community reassurance and information e.g. Immobilise
• Support targeted school inputs (with a uniformed member of staff)
• Monitor own Email in accordance with force policy and respond appropriately
Skills and Experience
Experience of using technology (Microsoft Word, Outlook)
Good organisational skills
Good social media skills
Good communication skills & ability to adapt message to audience
Ability to deal with sensitive information