Christmas Card Competition 2022
Chief Constable Sarah Crew and Police Crime Commissioner Mark Shelford are looking for creative young artists to help design this year’s officials Christmas cards.
This year’s Christmas card theme is: How the Police keep you safe in your community
Children aged between 4 and 11 are asked to draw our police officers and staff showing how they will keep communities safe during the festive period.
The competition officially opens on Monday 21 November 2022 and the final day for entries to be received is Friday 2 December 2022.
Rules for artwork:
All entries must be hand-drawn and must be received by the closing date of Friday 2 December 2022 (any entries received after the closing date will not be counted).
The image should fit on one side of A4 portrait or landscape.
This template can be used for entries:
Christmas Card Competition Template (Microsoft Word)
Christmas Card Competition Template (PDF)
How to enter:
Entries can be submitted by post to the following address or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Christmas Card competition’.
Avon and Somerset Police
Corporate Communications – Christmas Card Competition
Police and Fire Headquarters
PO Box 37
We also need the following details provided with your entry:
- Full name of entrant
- Date of birth
- Home address (including postcode)
- Home phone number
- Email address
- Name of parent/guardian who gives permission
By submitting an entry, applicants are confirming that permission has been given by a parent or guardian to the terms and conditions of the competition.
Winners will be announced on social media week commencing 5 December 2022.
- Christmas Card Competition Design Winners
The two winning designers will receive a visit from our Mounted Section to home or school, plus a gift voucher.
Terms and conditions:
- All entrants must be under 11 years old at date of entry and must currently live in Avon and Somerset.
- Entries can be submitted by email or post only.
- The winners will be decided by the Chief Constable Sarah Crew and Police and Crime Commissioner Mark Shelford after the closing date.
- The design chosen by Chief Constable Sarah Crew will be the Avon and Somerset Police official Christmas card for 2022. The design chosen by Police and Crime Commissioner Mark Shelford will be the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner official Christmas card for 2022.
- The winning design may also be used on the Avon and Somerset Police and Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner’s website and social media accounts.
- Other submitted entries may also feature on the Avon and Somerset Police and Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner’s website and social media accounts.
- All entrants must obtain parental consent to enter the competition.
- Avon and Somerset Police and Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner will have the right to amend and reproduce any submitted design.
- The winning entrants, first name and age will be displayed on the Avon and Somerset Police and Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner’s website.
- No alternate prizes or money will be offered.
- Corporate Communications have the right to discount any entries that contain inappropriate images or language, or do not fit with the relevant theme.