Request an Anti-social Behaviour (ASB) Case Review
An ASB Case Review (formerly Community Trigger) is designed to give victims of anti-social behaviour the right to request a review of their case and bring agencies together to take a joined-up, problem solving approach.
The main aim of the ASB Case Review is to find a solution to the core problem.
It cannot be used to report incidents of anti-social behaviour.
Report anti-social behaviour
Report anti-social behaviour to us.
Who can request a review?
Individuals, businesses, or community groups can request an ASB Case Review if:
- you have reported three separate incidents of anti-social behaviour relating to the same problem in the past six months to your local council, the police or your landlord and you feel you have had an inadequate response.
- Or at least five people have made reports to these organisations about the same problem in the past six months.
If you do not meet the criteria, you will not be able to request an ASB Case Review to be initiated.
Requesting an ASB Behaviour Case Review
You can request an ASB Behaviour Case Review:
- online – fill in our ASB Behaviour Case Review form
- in person – at your local police station
- by post – write to your local area coordinator using the details provided below.
Local area coordinators
Bath and North East Somerset
Anti-social Behaviour Case Review, Community Safety
Bath and North East Somerset Council
Anti-social Behaviour Case Review
PO Box 595
Safer Stronger Communities
North Somerset Council
Post Point 18
Anti-social Behaviour Co-ordinator
Bridgwater Police Centre
Safe Strong Communities, Anti-social Behaviour and Community Safety Team
South Gloucestershire Council
Department for Environment and Community Services
PO Box 1954
What happens next?
The information you have submitted will be sent to our Anti-social Behaviour Team.
They will review the information and contact you within two working days.
For more information on the ASB Behaviour Case Review process, visit ASBHelp.co.uk.
What if I am not satisfied?
If you are not satisfied with the review outcome, you can take the matter up with the complaints process of the relevant agency.
You can make a complaint to Avon and Somerset Police:
- online — fill in the Make a Complaint form
- by post — write to:
Professional Standards Department
Avon and Somerset Police
PO Box 37