Report child abuse
Child abuse includes physical, sexual and emotional abuse.
Examples of abuse or neglect include:
- not meeting a child’s basic needs such as food, a home, appropriate supervision
- lack of medical or mental health care
- not educating a child
- not providing emotional care
To report a crime in progress or if a child or young person is in immediate danger, call 999.
Report concerns about a child
If you are concerned about a child we would prefer to speak to you:
- on the phone – call us on 101
- in person – at a visit a police station
If contacting us online is the safest way for you to get in touch, you can fill in the report a crime or incident form.
Support for victims of child abuse
Read our guidance for victims of child abuse.