A threat is a statement of an intention to cause pain, injury, damage or other hostile action.
Threatening behaviour includes:
- Verbal, written or psychological harassment
- Threats of a sexual nature
- Threats to kill
- Racial or religious threats, also known as hate crime
If you believe the person who threatened you intends to carry out that threat, you should report it to us.
Call 999 if you are receiving threats which you feel put you in immediate danger or at risk.
If you are not in immediate danger, you can report being threatened:
- on the phone — call 101
- in person — at your local police station
- online — fill in the report a crime or incident form