Civil claims guidance for insurance companies
Civil claims guidance for insurance companies requesting information about a non-traffic related incident
You should only complete the online application form if you are requesting access to third party material for non-traffic related incidents. Find out how to request information about a vehicle incident.
Non-traffic related incident
On receipt of your initial payment, you will be quoted for the following material if available:
- police report – redacted
- client and witness statements – consent
- client interview contemporaneous notes made under caution – consent
- additional witness statements – consent
- additional witness statements – no consent, redacted
The material considered for disclosure is in line with the guidance provided by the NPCC/CPS Disclosure of Material to third parties.
We will provide you with the information once final payment has been received. Your initial fee will not be refunded.
You will need to provide a court order if you are requesting any other material, including:
- body worn video footage
- CCTV or dashcam footage
- witness contact details – no consent
- records of taped or digitally recorded interviews made under caution – no consent
- contemporaneously written records or summaries of taped or digitally recorded interviews made under caution – no consent
- victim and witness interviews digitally recorded under the Achieving Best Evidence (ABE) process
- un-redacted copies of any of the information above
- general request for all information relating to police prosecution files
To find out if this information is available before applying for a court order, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, email email@example.com.