Make an FOI request
We are committed to being open, honest and accountable and do this by publishing all previous Freedom of Information (FOI) requests on our website.
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) gives you the right to access recorded information held by public sector organisations. The Information Commissioner’s Office provides further information about how to access information from a public body.
Before you make a request
Check if the information you want is already available or can be accessed without submitting a FOI request:
- View our previous Freedom of Information requests
- Check our publication scheme which contains details about our priorities, how we make decisions and our expenditure
- Request access to personal information held about you
Consider if your request is vital to the public’s interest. If it is not vital we ask you to delay submitting your request as providing a response may divert police officers away from their regular duties.
Submit a FOI request
If the information you require is not already available online, you can make a request:
- online – fill in our make a Freedom of Information request form
Make sure you include:
- Your name and contact details
- The information you would like to access
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we are not able to process any requests made by post as our FOI team are working remotely.
We will normally provide the information within 20 working days as required by the Freedom of Information Act. Due to COVID-19, there may be a delay in responding to your request.
Withdraw a previously submitted request
If you would like to withdraw a previously submitted request, email FOIREQUESTS@avonandsomerset.police.uk