Leave site
Skip to content

Apply for a visitor’s firearms or shotgun permit

Applications for a visitor’s firearm or shotgun permit should be made to the sponsor’s local Chief Officer of Police.

A sponsor can be:

  • a private individual, or
  • the representative of, for example, a club, shooting syndicate, country estate or national shooting organisation

Applications should be made at least six weeks before the permit is required.  

How to apply for a visitor’s permit

To apply for a visitor’s firearm or shotgun permit:

For more information on visitor’s permits, contact Firearms Licensing.


View firearms certificate and permit fees.

Page feedback
Was this page useful? *
What best describes the reason for your visit today?