PC Surveillance transferee vacancy
Exciting new opportunities have arisen to join the South West Counter Terrorism Intelligence Unit dedicated surveillance team. You will be providing support to the regional and national network in the investigation of terrorism.
Your appointment within the CPTSW surveillance team will be subject to you successfully completing and passing the advanced police driving course and the Q1 nationally accredited surveillance course.
Are you eligible?
- have passed your initial probation period before applying
- reside within the force area
- be a British citizen to work for the departmentIf you hold dual nationality, one comfonent of which is British, you may also be considered. However, if successful, you may be asked to relinquish your non‐British nationality as a condition of your confirmation of appointment with the department.
One of your parents should also be British or a citizen of a British Overseas Territory, a Commonwealth citizen, US citizen, EEA citizen, British national or citizen overseas, and they would need to have demonstrable connections with the UK by way of family history or have been resident here for a substantial period of time.
If you are already married to, or cohabiting with, a person who is not a British citizen, you may still be eligible for employment at the discretion of the department. You should note however, that marriage to, or cohabitation with, a person who is not a British citizen after appointment may, in some circumstances, result in the withdrawal of security clearance and subsequent transfer to another department, or dismissal. Each case will be considered on its merits, taking into account the ties between the person involved and the UK.
You must be aware of the following requirements before you complete an application form:
- You will be required to remain in your first posting for a minimum of two years
- You can be required to serve anywhere in the Force area
Why work for us?
Avon and Somerset Police has gained a reputation as a pioneering and innovative force, responsible for policing a large diverse, multi-cultural population.
Find out why you should work for us.
The transfer process
Applications must be accompanied by :
- Application form and declaration form
- Copies of your last PDRs
- Sickness record for at least the last two years, or the extent of your service
- Any commendations
- Complaints and misconduct records if applicable
We will begin to process your application immediately on receipt.
Surveillance pre-select assessment
If you are successful at the application process and are not a nationally Q1 qualified surveillance officer, you will be required to attend a nationally accredited surveillance pre-select assessment.
If you have recently failed a surveillance pre-select it will not be possible to complete one again unless the required time between opportunities has lapsed.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited for an assessment day at Avon and Somerset Police Headquarters.
If you successfully complete the assessment day, you will then proceed to interview.
Successful candidates will be required to be vetted to Police Management and Security Clearance (Enhanced) level.
If you currently receive housing or rent allowance in your existing force, our force equivalent allowance will be paid.
These amounts are as follows:-
- Full transitional rent allowance – £263.67 per month
- Flat rate transitional rent allowance – £131.84 per month
- Standard housing allowance – £197.90 per month
- Half standard housing allowance – £98.95 per month
Fitness and medical checks
On the day of your assessment, you will be required to attend a medical assessment and physical fitness test.
The fitness test will consist of the following elements:
- Warm up to level 3 on endurance fitness shuttle run (bleep test) followed by two minutes of stretching
- Endurance fitness shuttle run (bleep test) up to level 5/4
Ready to join us?
To make a recruitment related query, contact our Talent Acquisition team.