Our volunteers make us truly special and you will join a 200-strong volunteering community whose contribution complements the duties performed by our uniformed and paid staff. Your support will help to make Avon and Somerset a safer place to live, work and visit.
As a Police Support Volunteer, Avon and Somerset Police will reimburse you for out-of-pocket expenses that you incur while volunteering for us.
Why volunteer with us?
By volunteering with us, you will:
- be the difference – you will be part of a large community of more than 200 police volunteers
- learn new skills and gain experience
- give back – your support will help make Avon and Somerset a safer place to live, work and visit
How can you get involved?
There are many ways you can get involved, such as:
- Joining a Community Watch Scheme such as Farm Watch, SpeedWatch or Horse Watch
- Becoming a Local Policing Support Volunteer and supporting Neighbourhood Policing Teams
- Supporting our Police Cadets by becoming a Cadet Leader or helping with unit administration
- Becoming a member of your local Independent Advisory Group, representing your community
- Becoming a Volunteer Driver to deliver and collect items as well as transporting police officers and their exhibits to and from court
- Using your employment skills to support Avon and Somerset Police
These are just some examples of the varied volunteer roles we have available. We advertise for roles when there is demand and our current volunteer vacancies are regularly updated.
Ready to join us?
To make a recruitment-related query, contact our Talent Acquisition team.
If you have a non-recruitment query, email email@example.com.