Our volunteers make us truly special and you will join a 300-strong volunteering community whose contribution complements the duties performed by our uniformed and paid staff. Your support will help to make Avon and Somerset a safer place to live, work and visit.
Why volunteer with us?
By volunteering with us, you will:
- gain new transferable skills and knowledge
- gain valuable insights into local policing
- meet and help others within your local community
- expand your social network within our policing family
- inspire others around you and instil community spirit
- develop your own professional and interpersonal skills and boost your CV
How can you get involved?
There are many ways you can get involved, such as:
- Joining a Community Watch Scheme such as Farm Watch, SpeedWatch or Horse Watch
- Becoming a Local Policing Support Volunteer and supporting Neighbourhood Policing Teams
- Supporting our Police Cadets by becoming a Cadet Leader or helping with unit administration
- Becoming a Partners and Communities Together (PACT) member and raising local issues
- Becoming a Volunteer Driver to deliver and collect items as well as transporting police officers and their exhibits to and from court
- Becoming a Vehicle Maintenance Volunteer who helps maintain our fleet of vehicles
- Providing support for our History and Heritage Group by helping to record and promote the history of policing in the Avon and Somerset area.