Our volunteers make us truly special and you will join a 200-strong volunteering community whose contribution complements the duties performed by our uniformed and paid staff. Your support will help to make Avon and Somerset a safer place to live, work and visit.
Why volunteer with us?
By volunteering with us, you will:
- gain new transferable skills and knowledge
- gain valuable insights into local policing
- meet and help others within your local community
- expand your social network within our policing family
- inspire others around you and instil community spirit
- develop your own professional and interpersonal skills and boost your CV
How can you get involved?
There are many ways you can get involved, such as:
- Joining a Community Watch Scheme such as Farm Watch, SpeedWatch or Horse Watch
- Becoming a Local Policing Support Volunteer and supporting Neighbourhood Policing Teams
- Supporting our Police Cadets by becoming a Cadet Leader or helping with unit administration
- Becoming a Volunteer Driver to deliver and collect items as well as transporting police officers and their exhibits to and from court
- Using your employment skills to support Avon and Somerset Police
These are just some examples of the varied volunteer roles we have available. We advertise for roles when there is demand and our current volunteer vacancies are regularly updated.
To find out how to apply, view our Volunteer Recruitment Process.
Ready to join us?
To make a recruitment related query, contact our Talent Acquisition team.
If you have a non-recruitment query, email firstname.lastname@example.org.