You will join a 2,500-strong team of professionals and support staff whose work makes a real difference to people’s lives.
What skills do you need?
Whilst each job requires different skills, we actively look for people who:
- care about their colleagues, the public and the service we offer
- have the courage to do the right thing – to speak up, to make decisions and remain accountable for their actions
- see individuality as a strength and respect the benefits that diversity brings
- learn from their experiences and seek new ways to develop
Refer to the job description for the essential skills and requirements for an individual role.
What types of jobs are available?
Police staff complete a variety of roles including:
- Communications Centre: Communications Centre staff deal directly with the public answering 999 (emergency) calls and 101 (non-emergency) calls, emails and online crime reports. Find out more about our Communications Centre.
- Corporate Communications: This department produces accessible and timely communications via a range of external and internal channels to support the Force’s strategic priorities.
- Custody: Custody teams manage and care for individuals who have been detained, ensuring that their wellbeing is a priority and evidence required to investigate crime can be processed.
- Estates and Infrastructure: Our Estates Department ensure our buildings, grounds and fleet are fit for purpose and maintained to the highest standard.
- Finance and Business Services: This department is responsible for the preparation and control of the Force’s revenue and capital budgets and includes areas such as procurement, supplies and accounting.
- Forensic Investigations: Staff within Forensic Investigations use the latest scientific techniques and specialist technical skills to investigate crime and provide forensic evidence to support police investigations.
- Information Technology (IT): Our IT department provides technology for staff across the Force, whilst ensuring our digital infrastructure is fully functioning and secure. They also offer IT support, maintain the staff intranet and public facing website, and provide online crime reporting solutions. If you have experience in digital, data and technology and would like to find out more about the careers we offer then join our Talent Bank and we will contact you to discuss any suitable existing or upcoming vacancies.
- Intelligence and Analysis: This team focuses on providing high quality, relevant and actionable research and analysis support to enable informed decision making and resource deployment to be made.
- Investigations: Staff investigators are responsible for and drive a wide range of crime investigations. Working closely with suspects, victims and witnesses, staff investigators help progress cases and seek to deliver the justice deserved.
- People and Organisational Support: This department consists of Human Resources, Legal Services, Occupational Health and our Learning Team who all work to ensure staff are fully supported, able to fulfil their roles and develop their careers.
- Transformation and Improvement: This department includes Professional Services, Vetting, Transformation and Improvement. These teams ensure we uphold the highest levels of professionalism whilst improving our current ways of working to provide the best service to the public.
- Victim and witness care and safeguarding: Our teams deliver a dedicated support function to victims of and witnesses to crime, ensuring that safeguarding measures are in place for the most vulnerable.
Why work for us?
We offer a rewarding career with an opportunity to make a real difference to your community. You will also benefit from flexible working, access to fitness facilities, free parking and career development opportunities.
Find out why you should work for us.
Find out more about: